we can copy paste multiple documents in a library directly
without upload images in SharePoint site upload document page. In SharePoint
2013 we have two options two add multiple documents,
- By using drag and drop, depends on browser.
- "Connect to Office" option in the "Connect
and Export" group in the ribbon of the Library.
In "Connect to Office" we have three options, that
to make SharePoint sites work office documents as shown the image below.
- Add to SharePoint sites
- Remove from SharePoint Sites
- Manage SharePoint Sites
With Add to SharePoint Sites command, will create shortcut
to the library in the SharePoint sites folder in our favorites list and will
saves in the office Save As and open dialog boxes. using the Add to SharePoint
sites command on a library we can do the following tasks,
- We can open a SharePoint library document from office
application and we can update it.
- We can Share or publish document directly by using office to
a SharePoint site library.
- We can insert images, audio, video files from site assets
library into office documents.
- we can find SharePoint document library that connected to
windows explorer file system.
Following are the steps to process on how to add document
library in favorites list which can be used to save files directly into
- Open SharePoint site library,
- Select library tab on the ribbon, click on "Connect to
Office" command in the ribbon and select "Add to SharePoint Sites
We can see a alert prompt that shows to access the current
user credentials. Click on "Yes".
This will add "SharePoint
Sites" folder in our favorites list in Windows Explorer. That shows a
folder like "site- Shared documents", when we click on our newly
added SharePoint sites folder in windows explorer folder. We can Save and Open
office documents from SharePoint site using this short cut.